to be content

This is something I've been learning lately:

Whether in great lack, or in great gain. Every day, every second is a choice:
Are we going to curse God for what He withheld from you 
or praise Him for all He's given you 

To be content is a choice, the same with discontent. 
Regardless of what you have, there is always a reason to say thank you or complain. 

I've seen those with much and never have enough 
I've also seen those with very little yet at peace and constantly thankful 

I'm beginning to see clearer what Paul meant in Philippians 4:12-13
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

The secret is this: through Him who gives me strength

Popular Posts