DEBT!

Recently, I got a letter from Centrelink.  When I opened it I got the shock of my life. Apparently I owe Centrelink a couple of THOUSANDS of dollars! I had failed to provide my income status for the year 2020-2021 and now I have to pay them for failing to do so. 

Now, I haven't actually received that amount of money from Centrelink in lump sum before but because I had forgotten this simple step now I have to pay the fine. 

So I quickly contacted Centrelink and updated the necessary details right away. 

Then the most unusual thing happened, I received a new updated notification right away saying that now Centrelink are going to give me this amount as a lump sum payment instead of asking me to pay them back for it. 

I felt that I went from hell to heaven in a matter of hours. What a difference!

From this I can see how the Gospel is exactly the same. 

We all have a debt that we could never repay. A debt so big that ruins our relationships, our life, our everything. Some people like to pretend that we can just ignore it. Some try to pay it off. Some just live in constant fear. 

The thing is, this debt has all been paid by Jesus. The only way we can access this freedom is by simply trusting in Him and making Him our Saviour, our Debt Payer. And when we do, we will not only get our debt paid, we'll get something more precious than we ever deserved. We get a relationship with the King Himself. And you'll be amazed what God can do with your life and how He can redeem even the worst parts for His glory. 

If you're still living in fear and anxiety of this debt of sin. If you're still wallowing and feeling guilty over how sin had ruined your relationships with each other and God. Take that simple step. Put your faith in Him. Confess your sins. Turn around and follow Him.

Popular Posts